- Must be able to do fault finding when unacceptable welding indications repeats itself (machine, gas or operator).
- The appointed candidate must have at least 5 years in a supervisory role in all types of welding. Another advantage would be to have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project.
- The appointed candidate must have at least 10 years’ experience as a welder in similar project.
- Must have at least 10 years welding experience
- Must be conversant with welding code
- Must be able to understand and interpret a WPS
- Must be able to read and interpret welding symbol as depicted on drawings
- Must be able to read and interpret piping ISO drawings
- Welder trade qualification (must) and Boilermaker trade (wish). Inspection qualification will be an advantage.
- Matric or equivalent.
- Must be a current qualified welder
Planning and Organising:
- Setting priorities Monthly/weekly/daily for the Foremen based on the outputs transmitted by Production Managers.
- Communicating set priorities and sequencing according to base plan.
- Overseeing and approving the foremen’s weekly and daily planning to ensure they align with the production base plan as communicated by the Welding Manager.
- Overall planning of resources, plant, equipment and material for your work area(s).
- Identifying and where possible, removing or resolving any hurdles that may impact on your team’s ability to complete the tasks set for the day/week.
- Ensuring the necessary drawings and documentation for the monthly/weekly and daily tasks are obtained and understood and communicated to your foremen.
- Having a daily and weekly plan in place for all the tasks allocated to you.
- Ensuring your crews understanding of the task and task sequence to follow.
- Planning your tasks and crews activities in such a way that it minimises time and material wastage and maximises productivity
- Attending to all necessary planning /production meetings as required of you.
- Identifying training needs of employees and plan the necessary corrective activities for employee in question.
- Communicating all you’re planning to your line supervision and provide continuous updates as necessary.
- Ensure that welding foremen adhere to all welding procedures, standards and controls
- Ensure all weld sequences are provided for all jobs.
- Ensure all welders have been coded to specifications.
- Update history files and qualification status of all welding.
- Report on outstanding or sub-standard performance in relation to welding.
- Ensure that weld maps and reports are according to standard.
- Coordinate, and finalise all the necessary plant and equipment such as machinery, tools that are required to ensure that the daily weekly plan is achieved successfully.
- Creation and coordination of required team work inputs for each of your crews.
- Setting specific areas of responsibility, targets, time lines and task deadlines with your crew/s to ensure full understanding of what is required of them.
Your control responsibilities are:
- Managing and controlling foremen in relation to the sequence, method and productivity required for the task to be completed on time and according to specification.
- Ensuring that the foremen concentrate on the operational tasks as opposed to coordination which is a SUPERVISORY task.
- Ensuring all work is conducted in accordance with all safety specification, requirements and rules.
- Managing the time and attendance of your crew.
- Managing all performance issues as they relate to your crews and completing the necessary documentation.
- Managing general discipline issues of your crew.
- Custodian of all information and documentation as it relates to operational requirements in your area of responsibility.( Including “as built DRC”s, weld map and matrix)
- Monitoring training progress and success of training initiatives.
- Supervisors are accountable for the Foremen’s outputs
- Output driven
- People orientated
- Service driven
- Attention to detail
- Emotionally matured
All appointments will be done in line with our employment equity strategy.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.