Job Description Chemical Initiatives is looking to recruit a Welder to work in Chamdor. Fabrication and welding of steel materials and general maintenance of the plant.
Chemical Initiatives (CI), comprising 3 consolidated businesses, is the market leader in manufacturing and trading high value bulk chemical products with value-adding services. The main industry sectors are mining, industrial, paper & pulp, homecare and agriculture and the company’s key value add is achieved through innovative and flexible procurement, manufacturing, logistics and storage practices. Duties & Responsibilities • Fabrication and welding in the workshop.
- Plant and site fabrication, erection and repairs of piping, tanks, vessels, and structures.
- Inspection of plant structures.
- Maintain equipment and tools in a safe condition.
- Use of planned maintenance system to record work and inspections.
- Must be able to perform standby duties and work overtime when required. Qualifications & Experience • Matric / Grade 12 or recognised Trade Test qualification.
- Coded welder.
- Minimum of 5 years proven chemical or process plant experience.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering/construction drawings.
- Determine the appropriate welding method and equipment based on requirements.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (GTAW/TIG/SMAW, etc.).
- Safety conscientious and work according to site regulations, procedures and company rules. Competencies • Communication skills.
- Accuracy level.
- Attention to detail.
- Safety awareness.
- Team player.
- Planning and organizing skills.