Sappi Southern Africa
Water Treatment Operator ( Scale A )
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Water Treatment Operator for the treatment of water from Ngodwana dam (clarification, filtering, stabilizing, sterilizing and supplying) continuously for Mill (Industrial) and domestic use.
This role reports into the Superintendent Outside Services
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Cleans inlet strainer once per shift.
- De-sludge clarifiers once per shift.
- Carries out sludge test once per shift.
- Backwash sand filters as necessary (one filter every 2 hours).
- Conducts tests on turbidity, pH and chlorine residual every hour.
- Adjusts chemical dosages to maintain specifications.
- Fill lime hopper twice per shift with bags of lime.
- Installs polymer drum when necessary (once every 2 weeks).
- Installs chlorine cylinder when necessary (once every 3 weeks).
- Continuously notes water supply and demands as well as flow and amp meter readings and takes corrective action accordingly.
- Continuously checks automatic systems by observation and takes action accordingly.
- Clean plant and equipment daily.
- Carry out isolation and issues clearances.
- Take corrective action on process and equipment problems.
- Participate in shift base team meeting.
- Carry out plant checks on operations, safety and maintenance.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 with Matric and Science
- 6 Months experience
- Registered as a Class 2 water Treatment Operator
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.