The successful candidate will be responsible for distribution of warehouse deliveries and arrivals. Working in conjunction with all warehouse operational staff, to selects, bundles, and organize products from the warehouse in preparation for loading onto delivery trucks en-route to customers. The candidate will prepare multiple orders timely and resourcefully throughout the working day.
- Handle pick tickets/orders from warehouse management/staff to pull items from warehouse inventory.
- Use RF guns and other electronic equipment as necessary.
- Physically pulls warehouse items by the stated number, size, colour, quantity, quality, etc. requirements.
- Compare and inspect physical items pulled to the requirements of the pick ticket/order.
- Pack/wrap orders as required by item/delivery type and prepares for shipment.
- Transport orders to shipping locations/bins/docks using the proper material handling equipment.
- Ensure that orders are staged correctly for each delivery.
- Operate any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- Participate in conducting warehouse inventory counts as required.
Qualifications and Level of Experience Required:
- One or more year(s) experience coordinating shipments in a warehousing or distribution environment.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle detail oriented work to insure proper items and quantities are picked to arrive at customers in good condition.
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written.
- Agility to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility.
- Capacity to lift and carry heavy items intermittently during a typical work shift.
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties.
- Must be accurate in their work.
Reference: BCE 11/19/105.
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R5,000.00 /month
- coordinating shipments in a warehousing: 1 year (Required)
- operate any material handling equipment: 1 year (Required)
- pack/wrap orders as required by item/delivery type: 1 year (Preferred)