The main purpose of the job is to ensure that all administration related to incoming shipments (air and sea) as well as customs functions are completed prior to shipment arrival in accordance to SARS requirements for all divisions within the Volvo Group
Reporting: This role will report to the Service Center Manager.
- To oversee and verify that the customs clearance process are completed by Service Providers.
- To do the Inbound and Outbound freight cost reconciliation.
- To ensure compliance to all statutory, legal and ethical practices.
- To ensure that controlled deviation has been handled if required.
- To deliver results and meeting customer expectations.
- To ensure all administration and month-end functions are completed timeously.
- To ensure that invoices are processed on time for payment.
- To ensure that all cost are allocated to the correct Business Areas.
Education & Job Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- 5 years import and export experience, supply chain management and SARS Regulations
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Excel (Advance level)
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills (oral, written). Presentation Skills
- Ability to learn and understand new systems and IT applications
- High numerical skills
- Relating and Networking (Local & Global)
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Working with People
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Trustworthy, reliable and honest
- Adhering to Principles and Values.
- Attention to Detail
- Flexibility and Dilligent
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.