The New Graduate Development Rotation Program (NGDP) is an 18-month program with three – six month rotations through Visa’s functions. The NGDP program supports Visa’s mission to build a strong entry level pipeline of talent with cross-functional knowledge and experience. Associates rotate through various parts of the business, including: Business Development, Product, and Client Services. In addition to meaningful rotations, Associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking and leadership exposure.
Visa’s Product Team is responsible for all aspects of product strategy and development in consumer and business products that drive revenue growth for Visa. The team develops new channel solutions and technology support, builds alliances and solutions for new products, and is responsible for product analytics. Products include Visa’s prepaid cards, Visa Signature, Verified by Visa, and others. The scope of the role is Sub-Saharan Africa and requires a level of interaction and collaboration with business and technical resources across the company, including digital development platform, network processing, client support services, risk, legal, and operations.
Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Adapt client-facing materials for specific client engagements.
- Perform Market research and competitor product analysis.
- Performing exploratory analysis and data mining on large datasets based on business hypothesis.
- Performing ad hoc analysis, business Intelligence requests and data extractions.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and clients to understand local requirements, adapt products as required and manage programs to establish and grow new product solutions
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to product capabilities to product managers in the product development stream to accelerate adoption with key stakeholders in key marketplaces/segments/regions
Business Development function. Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Prepare client facing discussion materials for meetings and other client engagements
- Work with Front-line Business Development Colleagues to propose options for solving client defined problem statements
- Engage multiple functional teams to contribute to the Front-line’s preparation for client pitches, strategy days, Business reviews and feedback on live projects.
- Prepare internal documentation for approval submission for licensing, certification and other Visa service enablement.
- Research Visa Solutions to help find appropriate referenced content for use during internal awareness or client facing sessions.
- Prepare weekly or other periodic action list updates for portfolio’s personal actions by due dates.
- Update sales pipelines in partnership with the Front-line leads on a timely basis with the required business and commercial information on Visa systems
- Regularly attend client session with Front-line leads to gain insights and understanding of the client needs, trends and associated Visa offerings that solve for these client needs.
- Build healthy internal relationships with the Solutions, Clients Services, Project, Marketing and other functional teams as teamwork in Visa is a key enabler.
- Analyze and review client revenue reports to assist and highlight portfolio leads with the trends in their portfolios.
- Participate in team events and social impact activities to contribute to Visa’s impact in the local market.
Client Services function. Responsibilities in this rotation may include:
- Ensure operational support is provided to Clients in Sub Saharan Africa. Client queries cover a broad range of topics including Operating Regulations, settlement, VisaNet systems, testing requirements etc
- Serve as an escalation point for clients’ day-to-day technical operational support of all VisaNet products, services, processing questions and issues.
- Maintain relationships with Clients to understand local market needs and trends and gain insight on the need to enhance the support approach provided.
- Coordinate with other Visa teams to expedite the resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure that all Visa products and services operate at the highest level of performance.
- Provide operational and technical support for service interruption events
- Provide customer support services during the implementation process. Provide regular client engagement and project status updates during the project implementation process by way of calls, meetings and emails.
- Project administration: Maintaining and updating project plans, archiving/storing project documentation and artefacts in VCSA, project tracking & reporting on overall project progress (to clients and internal teams), coordinating and tracking of internal VISA teams’ project work streams, raising service requests to internal VISA teams and ensuring accurate project billing
- Support the Visa Business Development team and provide the appropriate parties with regular status reports on project progress
- Currently In a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program (preferably but not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce)
- Complete Qualification before January 2020 and full availability to start work from mid-January
- Minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Excellent analytical abilities, intellectually curiosity and interest in finding new ways to do things
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional maturity, strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in professional, academic, or volunteer environments
- A global mindset and ability to work in a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work constructively in teams, highly collaborative with a great attitude working on cross-functional teams where there may not be a direct reporting line.
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about customers, payment industry, and emerging technologies.