URBAN MANAGEMENT UM 20/19 – Office Administration Manager
– A National diploma or equivalent
– Up to 8 years of relevant experience in a supportive environment,
preferably on strategic or executive level
– Knowledge of applicable legislation and policies
– Ability to perform multiple tasks with good planning and organizing
– Articulate with a flair for report writing and interpreting complex
– Driven with good interpersonal skills, resilience and innovation
– Willingness to work extended hours when required and meet
– Computer literacy, Microsoft Office Applications.
Key Performance Areas
– Manage administrative processes, services and systems within
the office of the Executive Director, which enables optimal
– Conduct high level research pertaining to matters identified by the
– Direct and coordinate a single point of entry system for all
documentation relevant to the Executive Director’s Office
– Manage all resources that include office assets and ensure that
inventories are timeously replenished via appropriate procurement
processes and procedures
– Attend to processes and procedures associated with the
allocation of budgets (votes/petty cash) and expenditure incurred
as well as provide inputs into the Office’s budget for the Office of
the Executive Director
– Design and implement a high-level repository for data and
information storage and easy retrieval of critical information
– Manage the Executive Director’s high level of confidential and
politically sensitive reports, documents and work-related
information, including monitoring relevant media platforms and
– Provide management information to the Executive Director which
enables sound decision making
– Ensure that all applicable Human Resource Policies are adhered to
as well as guide and mentor subordinate staff with regards to
– Write reports of various complexities on behalf of the Executive
Director as well as attend to general internal and external
– Manage staff within the Office of the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external
applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless
– Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all
– Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
– Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
– Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
– No late applications will be considered.
– If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the
closing date, please accept that your application was