Intern (contract appointment: 1 year)
Job ID: 3237
This post was previously advertised as job ID 3162. All applications received in response to the previous advertisement, will automatically be considered again. Previous applicants therefore do not need to reapply.
- NB! Applications may only be submitted online. Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please note: Compile/Convert all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online applications system.
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID);
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Close purchase orders.
- Assist with vendor database clean up.
- Follow up on open purchase orders.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Advanced Diploma/B.Tech degree/Postgraduate Certificate on NQF level 7 or a 3-year National Diploma on NQF level 6 in Accounting.
- Good language proficiency in the official language of the University.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Good computer skills including Excel.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The salary scale is available on request.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9814/9811/9848/7267 or email [email protected]
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to