The TFG Graduate Programme is designed to help you make a smooth transition from campus into the world of work. You will engage with various individuals and teams in the business who will share their experience, knowledge, passion and purpose, to help you successfully complete the structured training programme.
TFG is looking for dynamic individuals to join the MERCHANDISE BUYING teams. As the Merchandise Buyer, your key responsibilities will be to successfully source and procure a balanced range of merchandise in line with company strategy as well as build and maintain good relationships with suppliers and key functions in the business. The Buyers tell us when and what we should buy, where we should buy it and why. They’re very energetic and passionate, and set the trends.
To apply for this position you need:
- oTo have a minimum 3 year relevant degree or diploma
- oA keen/strong interest in retail
- oTo have displayed a strong entrepreneurial style of thinking, i.e. strong trader mentality
- oTo be a self starter, proactive and goal driven to take responsibility for your own development
- oThe ability to spot trends and execute accordingly
- oAn eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills
- oAble to work independently as well as within a team
- oExcellent interpersonal skills
- oTo confidently communicate, influence and persuade at all levels
- oTo be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurize environment
- oResilience and emotional maturity
- oA good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in line with TFG’s Employment Equity Policy.
Please note: applications with no academic results will not be considered.