The Testing Technician is primarily responsible to do the final inspection, testing and quality control of desktops, servers and notebooks assembled in the workshop. Depending on the workload the Tester will also be required to do general technical service and repair, or assembling, to ensure optimal workflow in the Technical Department. In terms of Technical repairs, the Testing Technician will start as a junior and will gradually be taught Technical repairs.
ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Test PCs, notebooks and servers following quality procedures ensuring units that are fully functional and ready for the client according to specification.
- Maintain returns due to workmanship (DOAs within 14 days from delivery) below 3% per month.
- Complete all required worksheets ensuring proper sign off as per quality management system.
- Complete optimum number of repairs per day according to the specific discipline. Keep to a minimum of 4 per day.
- Complete work within the turnaround time of less than two days.
- Maintain work rate at above 90% of SLA.
- Maintain a rework rate of below 3%.
- Follow the correct test process for international brands.
- Log test results on the server.
- Accept repairs on Studio immediately after removing the item from the customer store.
- Follow up with clients awaiting feedback and update the notes on Studio. Update the client on the job progress.
- Return 100% of test stock to service stores within 2 days from receipt.
- Complete applicable forms, such as fault reports, daily.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly and professional manner as representative of Mustek.
- Maintain a professional image with the necessary attention to being clean and neatly dressed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Stay abreast of technological advancements pertaining to product range.
- Provide customer support, either via e-mail, telephonic or at the front desk.
- Make recommendations to direct superior in terms of growth, better customer service, etc.
- Clean work area once a week before closing off.
- Follow all quality and health & safety requirements, and report any safety hazards or faulty equipment/facilities promptly.
1-year experience in Assembly and Testing
1-year experience as a Technician will be beneficial
Driver’s license preferred
Assembling of PCs, notebooks and servers
Testing and quality control of PCs, notebooks and servers
Diagnosing and repair all technical faults of particular discipline.
Running diagnostic reports to confirm the quality of the repair and that the fault is resolved.
Able to function under pressure
Contribution to team success
Quality awareness and customer focus
Attention to detail
Good knowledge of internal quality procedures
Knowledge of ICT industry
Product offering software and hardware technical knowledge
Computer literacy especially in Microsoft applications skills
Problem solving skills (analytical)
Good communication skills (verbal and written)