This is a paid internship for applicants with background or education in electrical studies, hardware or software and enjoy dealing with people and working in a team.
The internship is for 6 months with possibility to extend or enter into a junior position for successful interns.
We are looking for serious, honest, reliable and hardworking applicants that wish to start a career in utilities industry.
– Must have matric
– Must be analytical and have problem solving skills
– Must have great people skills
– Must have some proof of technical inclination (some form of technical studies or some form of previous experience)
– Must have excellent written and verbal communications in English
– Must be computer literate (able to type at reasonable speed, accuracy, able to work fluently with basic excel, and fluent at least in MS Word)
– Must be able to work in shifts, including weekends while latest shift ending 22:00
– Previous experience with electrical or plumbing environment
– Previous experience in real estate or construction industry
– Previous experience troubleshooting any form of software
What you will learn:
– You will learn about prepaid meters and how to troubleshoot hardware
– You will learn how to work with utilities software
– You will learn how to work with consumers and enhance your customer service skills
– You will learn about utility tariffs
The technical support consultant assists prepaid meters’ customers with queries over the phone and email. The queries are related to the functionality of prepaid meters, troubleshooting technical problems on water and electricity meters, identifying external factors that may affect the function of a meter as well as conveying to clients information related to their electricity purchases such as explaining and clarifying to customers information about tariffs, assisting with location of retail outlets and any other related prepaid metering queries.
The technical support consultant is also required to identify and then to communicate clearly and precisely on technical problems related to external factors and convey these to management, IT and occasionally other departments to solve such problems.
Progression Path: Technical Support Consultant, Second-tier support, Field services, Customer Care, Key Accounts Representative, Technical Sales
Term: 6 months internship
Remuneration: R4,500 + overtime (if and when any applicable)
If you have not received a reply within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.