The Team Manager contributes to the organisation’s goals by successfully implementing all directives, policy and procedures according to the operational plan through supporting and sharing knowledge and skills to the team assigned to them to assist in achieving the required operational results.
- Conduct daily performance discussions (huddles) to monitor and review operational performance against the plan with the team in order to improve and/or achieve the required operational results.
- Ensure that team members execute work activities on time in accordance with the required operational and quality standards.
- Rectify non-conformance and variances within the team as a high priority.
- Continuously assess the need for training or performance improvement of individual team members and implement action plans to enhance overall team performance.
- Relate and communicate all new or revised policies, procedures and /or processes to team members to ensure they have the most up‐to‐date and current information.
- Support team members by sharing knowledge, information and problem-solving recommendation to achieve the required operational results.
- Coordinate individual team member’s work assigned/schedules and leave requests to consistently have the required capacity within a team to meet operational requirements.
- Identify, assign, and follow‐up on work activities of team members in accordance with operating procedures to contribute the management control system.
- Identify practices for improvement and make recommendations to functional Business manager for consideration.
- Ensure team members are knowledgeable about Telesure products and service standards.
- Collect and submit reports specific to team data as part of the Management Control System.
- Establish goals and objective for self and team and implement and measure accordingly to support or improve job performance (experience, ability, competence.) by completing performance reviews and competency matrix.
- Deliver the Telesure Service Way through personal effort and through others
- Deliver on Treating Customers Fairly principles in alignment with regulatory requirements
- Grade 12 with University entrance
- The relevant and required FAIS Accreditation to act as a representative in the Short Term Insurance Industry.
- A relevant 3 year Business or insurance industry related degree / diploma in management
- At least 3 to 4 years in a customer services environment
- 2 years’ experience at Team Manager level
- 2 years’ experience in claims and policy services environment
- Understanding Leadership and Management principles
- Understanding claims processes and claims philosophies applicable to short term insurance industry
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation (FAIS, BCEA etc.)
Only registered members can apply for jobs.