This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Tax Manager
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Finance
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Divisional Financial Reporting Manager
Grade Level : E
Reference Number : 2003665
To ensure that corporate tax legislation is complied with so that there is accurate reporting and risks and opportunities are
1. Provide accurate month-end and year-end consolidated financial reporting of current tax and deferred tax for Transnet
Port Terminals TPT).
2. Responsible for all tax matters audited by TPT and Transnet external Auditors.
3. Responsible for ensuring divisional compliance with the Customs Act by assisting in developing and updating appropriate
policies and procedures in conjunction with Transnet Group Tax.
4. Conduct training on the policies and procedures for all staff at terminals and HQ.
5. Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of Customs controls by managing Customers Champions
at all TPT terminals.