takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Customer Service Team Leader to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position will report to the Customer Services Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing quality assessments on both voice and email customer interactions to ensure that quality and compliance standards are maintained.
- Ensuring that the targets for call and email monitoring are met as per internal service level agreements.
- Identify and escalate potential system and process improvements with the aim to enhance the customer’s journey.
- Identify and escalate problem areas, trends and training opportunities to the appropriate stakeholder/s
- Manage your team’s probation period through regular performance discussions and coaching.
- Deliver individual/group coaching sessions where required.
- Productivity conversations and feedback should be conducted with each team member.
- Drive and motivate your team to achieve targets.
- Report on overall quality of customer interaction activity per agent in your team.
- Liaise between internal departments & external service providers to solve customer queries and escalate customer-facing challenges to the relevant stakeholders
- Assess any service failure and identify the route cause and take appropriate action ensure similar failures are avoided
- Take ownership of a customer and ensure their needs are met as soon as possible
- Lead a team of 15 and take responsibility for all HR tasks including but not limited to leave management, payroll input, disciplinary and incapacity issues and absenteeism and manage all staffing needs, productivity and quality
- Manage all Internal and External Customer Services complaints
- Ensure company policies and procedures are communicated to the team,
managing and resolve people-related problems, including but not limited to
resolving employees conflict of interest and absenteeism.
- Manage and maintain a highly focused and motivated team
- Ensure the minimum Contact Centre service levels are maintained on a daily basis.
- Identify, review and propose solutions to issues identified or picked up during the course of performing day to day duties
- Passionate about teamwork
- Responsible and Accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills – display the qualities of a leader and set a good example
- Results orientated
- Empowering within team and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member and leader
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Must be driven / self-motivated
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to compile feedback in writing and for verbal purposes
- Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast paced, high pressure environment, while maintaining high quality outputs
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a fact paced environment
- Knowledge of delivery and or courier services
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successfully completed NQF Level 4/Matric/Grade 12 and ideally some post-matric study
- Min. 18 months + customer service experience in related positions
- Flexibility to work shifts
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.