Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK. Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 5bn in more than 400 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space.
We are looking for
A motivated person who will join the Markets division in Cape Town.
We offer an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit corporation that is a leading player in the region and globally.
This person will be reporting to the Sub-Saharan Associate and the Regional Manager.
A stipend is offered to cover costs. The duration of the internship is 3 months (with an option to renew) and hours are part-time (20 hours per week).
To support the Analysts and the Associate with tasks including:
- General Administrative tasks including Data Capture and File management.
- Supporting the production of Anti-Money Laundering Reports.
- Research for country and markets intelligence reports.
- Supporting the preparation for Investment Committee Meetings.
- Supporting the analysis of Annual Financial Statements (published in French).
- Research and Analysis of potential investees.