Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19-year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
Ngo / Non-Profit
- The Site Coordinator role
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational assistance to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a 3 year grant in the focus areas in the province
- Coordinate and supervise the day-to-day activities of the site to ensure delivery on key performance areas
- Planning and coordinating resources, materials, transport etc. to ensure resources are available where needed
- Identify relevant project opportunities related to HIV/AIDS programming relevant to HIV/AIDS
- Administrative assistance such as collecting time sheets, contracts, record keeping as may be required from time to time
- Review progress of initiatives on implementation level in order to report on developments and provide advice on potential areas for improvements
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to budget financial accountability of site operations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with strategic partners
- Travel in rural settings regularly and overnight away from home
- Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline
- Good computer and reporting skills
- At least 5 years’ experience at supervisory or management level of a project, site or team in the NGO sector
- Practical experience working in the HIV/AIDS field within the NGO sector
- Read, write, and speak in two official South African languages, of which one must be English.
- In procession of a valid driver’s license.
- Leadership skills couple with ability to maintain good interpersonal relations
- Ability to drive, implement and demonstrated ability to manage a project
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to the goals of the project and willing to go the extra mile to ensure success
- Demonstrate sensitivity, respect, honesty and fairness in interactions
- Willingness to travel
Only registered members can apply for jobs.