Mission of Function
Provides deep technical knowledge of electrical, automation and digitalisation to customers in the mining industry. Advises customers in best-practises and benchmark approaches in order to address their most pressing challenges. Positions Siemens as a trusted technology partner to the mining industry.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Supports planning and implementation of business development plans related to mining and associated industries
- Develops strategies to position Siemens as a partner of choice for the digital transformation of the mining industry through in-depth understanding of Siemens software portfolio and key technology trends such as 4IR, IoT, Cloud Computing and AI
- Analyses strategic trends and developments in the industry as a subject matter expert, from all perspectives, i.e. commercially (markets, trends, competitors, offerings, etc.) and technically (products, methodologies, processes, tools, etc.).
- Globally gathers best-practise examples from the assigned industry / vertical market; analyzes and evaluates solutions realized in this market with respect to their benchmark potential.
- Completes studies, concepts and proposals, which support both sales organization and customers.
- Builds and maintains a stable network relationship to Management and Experts in the market and supports sales and customers as an industry expert, for the assigned unit.
- May initiate establishment of expert teams and facilitates team activities.
- May support sales organization in contract negotiations at all stages with information and analyses.
- Reports to the head of Sales
Areas of Responsibilities / Tasks
- Establishes and develops key customer relationships at all levels in the customer organisation
- Establishes and develops a professional network within the industry, spanning end users, consultants, OEM’s and EPC’s
- Identifies customer requirements and works with technical team to develop value-adding solution concepts based on Siemens technologies and engineering capabilities
- Follows systematic sales process from lead identification to closure using Siemens defined processes and tools
- Ensures accurate forecasting and reporting on a regular basis
- Continuously stays up to date with latest industry and Siemens portfolio developments to offer customers best in class technology solutions
- Collaborates with other Siemens businesses and regions to maximise global business potential
What do I need to Qualify?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information technology (Degree/Diploma)
- Evidence of professional sales or account management training
- 5 – 8 years relevant sales consulting experience
- Proven track record in selling complex engineered solutions in the mining industry (Essential)
- Ability to conceptualise complete technology solutions for mining customers
- Knowledge of mining processes and industry dynamics
- Familiarity with key concepts driving the fourth industrial revolution
- Cross-border experience in Africa is an advantage
- Willingness to travel extensively (Southern Africa)
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time