Geographical area: Near Charl Cilliers
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage, lead, organise and control production and to provide the leadership required to create a high performance team capable of reaching all of its set targets. Execute the statutory duties according to Regulation 2.15.1 in his / her area of responsibility.
1. (Safe Production) –Carries out on a day to day basis – planning, organising,
control and leadership that ensure that departments KPI’s are met –to produce safe coal by ensuring
- tons / cm / shift
- Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and in-section equipment)
- Adherance to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
2. Implements operational projects, ensures operating compliance to Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility
- Ensures adherence to Operating principles and legislation.
- Compliance to governance bodies (standardisation committees)
- SOP / COP implementation and adherence
3. Ensures availability of spares, equipment and resources required to ensure
optimal production, including governance of Electronic time keeping
- Total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Electronic time keeping system adherence
4. Provides first line solutions to employees reporting to him / her on any technical
- Problems resolved
- Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
5. Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating
planning within appointed area of responsibility.
- Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift)
- Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality)
6. (Finance) – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within
- Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
7. (SHE) – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of
key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
- SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions on findings
- Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
8. Provide on the job training, coaching and career development
- training days for department
- Planned Task observations
- Coaching of employees
- Engagement of employees
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science (Must)
- Red Ticket
- Certificate in Blasting for Fiery Mines, (Must)
- Gas Testing, Competent A, First Aid
- Mine Overseer Certificate of Competence (Wish)
- Mining Engineering Diploma (Wish)
- Valid drivers license (Must)
Minimum 2 years total relevant experience in a Shiftboss role
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- PEOPLE LEADERSHIP
- Inspirational – Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation.
- Builds Talent – Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- PARTNERSHIP LEADERSHIP
- Influential – Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative – Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Follow us on:
YouTube | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | http://www.sasol.com/