Essity is looking for an Electrician to join our Maintenance team in the manufacturing site in Pinetown, South Africa. This opportunity presents the dynamic exposure to the world of Engineering/ Maintenance in a fast paced production facility. Our business has a mature and firm track record within the health and medical device industry to provide not only good quality products but also is a sustainable business. We are looking for an individual who possess strong technical skills, passionate about manufacturing & engineering and love what they do who has the ability to add value and walk the path in growing our business with us!
About the Role
The Electrician will be part of the Maintenance team where they will provide strong technical skills, support and dedication to the manufacturing plant and ensure continuous operation of production machinery with little to zero downtime. This role will require collaborative efforts between operations management, factory operators and engineering team.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for maintaining & troubleshooting machinery / technology in their area of responsibility within the manufacturing plant
- Works towards a Zero-breakdown & Zero-Stop-mentality by providing an efficient service to the manufacturing plant and maximize machine availability through good maintenance practices.
- Reduce the maintenance costs including working capital reduction for spare parts through proactive planned and preventative maintenance of machinery in the manufacturing plant.
- Show effective collaboration with team members in the manufacturing plant in order to minimize and resolve breakdown with the least production downtime.
- Perform high quality Root-Cause Analysis for technical and process problems.
- Work securely and effectively with expert maintenance tools (hand tools and engineering programs).
- Work continuously in adhering to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality standards and all company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be responsible for, participate and provide support & knowledge in project work and new equipment installations.
- Provide leadership and sign off handover of plant equipment after each maintenance session.
- Communicates effectively to plant management on any equipment that may pose a safety/ health/ environmental hazard.
- Supports & suggests and implements improvements (e.g. Safety, Technology, Process) and assures legal compliance of all plant equipment at all times.
Who You Are
- A minimum of Matric, N4 Electrical qualification and a valid Electrical Trade Test qualification.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment servicing plant equipment.
- Must be available to work standby and call outs when required.
- Training and extensive knowledge of PLCs, SCADA systems, electronic equipment and process plant instrumentation is a must
- Project Management and Computer Literacy skills both are an added advantage
- Must analytical with great attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise patience, courage and forward thinking
- have excellent and clear communication – verbal and written
- Must be an excellent and participative listener with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Must be meticulous and have the ability to drive processes forward
- Must have and display leadership skills (both in self and others)
- Must be able to collaborate and work across functional teams
- Must have high levels of integrity, care and honesty
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
Pinetown, South Africa
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.