Senior Risk and Control Officer (Engineering Services; CIB)
Are you ready to make a difference?
Our Engineering Services Chief Risk Office supporting CIB prides itself in close partnership with the business and CIOs, working to proactively to identify and mitigate risk across the Technology and Cyber landscape. It also works closely with the other Risk teams spanning Engineering Services to effectively support the end to end Technology stack and raise transparency around risk and control issues in the stack.
You will support the Group with their risk, assurance and compliance objectives; developing, implementing and maintaining risk and compliance (Risk, Audits, Regulatory etc.) initiatives, in line with absa guidelines. You will assist to successfully evolve the Chief Risk Office into a pro-active and functionally excellent division.
What you’ll get to do:
The role is within the Chief Risk Office and your accountabilities will include the following:
- Review audit reports and factual accuracy of reports and that correct action owners were identified. Review the feasibility of agreed actions. Facilitate closure of audit findings
- Involvement during planning stage of all audits in the area
- Record remediation plans (i.e. known issues or equivalent) on the relevant system and facilitate closure for all risk and control weaknesses identified
- Track and monitor the adequate on time remediation of observations raised by internal or external audit, management assurance
- Ensure that all closure and/or conversion documents are reviewed by the appropriate stakeholders before being submitted to Senior Management and absa Internal Audit
- Identify all high/medium risk projects in the area and track RAG status from a risk perspective. Be involved in project assurance reviews and ORIA’s where required
- Closely partner the relevant CIO on the management of their risk profile
- Stay abreast with the evolution of the technology stack in their portfolio with relevant risk and controls
What do you need to get in?
- NQF level 6 B Degree in Risk Management/Audit/or equivalent Advanced Diploma
- CISA/CISSP/CISM/CGERT/PMP or any other IT Governance related qualification
- 2 years managerial/leadership experience
- 4 years’ experience in a risk and audit environment
- 4 years Financial Business environment or other financial related experience
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and application
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation
- Self-confidence and assertiveness/persuasiveness
- Business organisation and industry understanding
- Good understanding of IT operations and processes
- Strategic planning with implementation at tactical
If you’re passionate about working in a fast-paced environment and contributing to the exciting world of Risk by leading from the front, we would love to hear from you!
Only registered members can apply for jobs.