Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. The successful incumbent will be responsible for pproviding technical support to maintenance managers and engineers by applying theoretical skills and making suggestions and independently implementing solutions to optimize systems. To work together with Production Foremen and the Production Team as well as providing support not only to the production team but also to provide Process/Production support to other function when required (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, etc.)
- Support the East and West IA operation team with first line technical support
- Plant monitoring and performance evaluation (OEE, OWAP, VPP /Fault Trees)
- Operations technical support and optimization
- Identify & exploit value adding opportunities through process and economic analysis
- Interpretation of operational data & trends and give recommendations on the optimal operation points
- Troubleshooting on incidents (RCA facilitating and Deviation management coordinating)
- Understanding and implementation of the Management of change process (MOC)
- Managing of small projects.
- Manage the Non-conformance system and ensure corrective measures are in place to avoid repeat of incident
- Create, Implement and manage KPI for service providers that offers service to operation
- Evaluate Service provider (e.g Dosing) performance by report review through weekly and Monthly meeting
- Alignment with Upstream and downstream units in ensure the ATOP and SLA system is adhered
- Proposal and Implementation of technical project via the Business process
- Support other disciplines (Engineers, GT) to implement technical project that will improve operation
- Support Operation on the Work management process and ensure adherence
- Support Operations team by conducting audits on their safety system and implement improvement ideas
- Support Operations team as a champion of Continuous Improvement system (e,g BBS steering committee)
- Support Operation with Unit performance evaluation report and recommendations to improve
- Monitor monthly cost reports and ensure adherence to budget.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
- National Senior Certificate Matric Gr 12 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric) (Must)
- National Diploma (Chemical Eng.) – S4 (Must)
- A high degree of computer literacy is required to fulfill this position
- Minimum 1 year (P1/P2) experience relevant to position.
- Knowledge and/or experience in industrial water treatment processes.
- Knowledge and/or experience industrial waste storage, handling and Environmental legislations.
- Process engineering expertise (Must)
- SAP experience (Must)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render our application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.