Operating entity: Sasol Secunda Operations, Oxygen
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Job Designation: Technician – Electrical
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To conduct maintenance strategy reviews; implement new strategies; manage small renewal projects; maintain a sound MOC system; represent the maintenance department in all Group Technology driven projects; conduct RCAs and render technical support service to the Foremen.
- Responsible for MOC systems
- Renewal and replacement strategy management
- Technical support to the plant (e.g. investigates replacement for obsolete equipment, evaluate equipment fit for purpose requirement, evaluate maintainability of new equipment’s/plants; analyze frequent failures, assist with shutdown planning, etc.)
- Do maintenance on all power electronics equipment
- Knowledgehigh level faultfinding on electrical equipment
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Develop Maintenance strategies
- Give inputs to renewal plans
- Develop mitigation plans for Single Points of Failure
- Ensure availability of correct spares for installed systems (UPS, VSD etc)
- Updating of documentation (drawings, procedures, etc.)
- QAQC procedures to improve asset reliability
- Support RCA process
- Manage Data Capturing, Analysis and History ie. PI System, Partial Discharge
- Manage projects
- High-speed transfer device SUE 3000
- Load Commutated Inverter (LCI)
- Motor Generator Set (MG Set)
- Excitation Motor Control Panel
- Synchronise Motors
- Asynchronous Motors
- Motors (Heat Map, Motor Data Sheet, Motors Scope of Work, Motor tests, Stator and Rotor spares, FAT and SAT).
- Electrical Distribution Switching to be done 100% correct.
- 10 year renewal plan (Current asset condition and life cycle phase).
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- Drivers Licence (Must)
- National Senior Certificate or N3 with Maths, Science & English (Must)
- National Diploma (Electrical Eng.)
- B Tech Engineering (Electrical) (wish)
- A high degree of computer literacy is required to fulfil this position
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant industrial experience (Technician II)
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience (Snr Technician)
- 5-7 years’ experience in Operations (Petrochemical environment) (strong wish)
- Electrical Engineering Expertise (Must)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Details on how to apply: Please apply via the Sasol careers website
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.