ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Maintenance Operator Mechanical Fitting – supports Pressure Safety Valves maintenance team by providing effective plant equipment maintenance/overhaul assistance and reliability while adhering to procedure/ codes, to increase plant support and maintain sustainability of plant equipment.
- Ensuring contractor complies with all legal requirements (codes, regulations, laws, etc.)
- Ensure quality control on all work done during general equipment overhaul.
- Ordering of spares and equipment
- Completing Job cards.
- Comply to safety standards/codes and ensure world class housekeeping.
- Identify all unsafe conditions and notify management
- Matric/Grade 12 or N3 with Maths, Science and English (Must)
- NQF 2 Mechanical.(Must)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge in Mechanical maintenance
- Knowledge in overhauling of: Safety Valves; Pilot operated Safety Valves; Breather Valves; Level Glasses; Atmospheric Valves
- Knowledge on different types of Safety Valves and Level Glasses
- Be able to read and understand data sheets and registrations. (Added Advantage)
- Knowledge of work procedures
- Must be willing to do standby duties, work overtime and shifts when required
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within 2 months (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.