Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: TPS Carbo Tar
Job Designation: Controller Gr 2: Process
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. Efficient Operation of the Tar Production Plants.
- Operating Production plant, inspections and process monitoring.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
- National Senior Certificate Matric Gr 12 / N3 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science)
- NQF 2 Operational Trade Qualification Accredited by CHIETA
- Experience in a production environment
- Related exposure and experience as a Process Controller would be an advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Physically monitor production process
- The taking of readings on the plant
- Examine equipment and complete safety checklist
- Report all at risk behaviours and unsafe conditions to line Foreman
- Comply to all OSH ACT requirements
- Practise good housekeeping
- Conduct visual inspections on the process and equipment
- Report process deviations to SPC and / or Production Foreman
- Communicate and assist team members in controlling the process
- Compile relevant area shift report at end of shift
- Maintain good housekeeping on the plant.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.