Closing date: 16 September 2019
Geographical area: Near Charl Cilliers
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To achieve performance targets in sections, through planning, organising and control of the day to day operations.
- Ensure that targets are met
- Improve performance and reduce costs
- Ensure team adheres to SOP’s and COP’s
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions
- Build capabilities of in-section personnel
- Conduct section inspections to eliminate risks
- Conform to legal and Sasol Mining requirements
- Identify and implement best practices
- Coach and develop sub-ordinates
- Execute administrative support work, efficiently and accurately.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- Should you not receive any response from Sasol within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Grade 12/N3 (with Maths and English/Business English)
- Valid Blasting Certificate (for Fiery Mines)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Red Ticket
- Valid driver’s license
- Competent A and 8 gasses
- 2-4 years’ experience of underground coal mining
- Experience and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment and relevant Legislation
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Functional / Technical
- Drive the Value Chain
- Conceptual ability
- Sound communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to function without supervision
Only applications received via the Sasol website will be considered.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.