Closing date: 16 August 2019
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: TPS Electrical
Job Designation: Artisan Gr 2 Ops Electrical
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. To ensure continuous plant availability through effective maintenance of electrical equipment.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Valid South African driver’s license
- Matric / Gr 12 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science / N3
- Trade Test Certificate – Electrical NQF 4
- Computer Literacy
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in Petro-Chemical environment
- Experience in SAP, STAR/ SAMI
- Switching experience
- Fault finding experience
- Hazardous location experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical
- Safety and good housekeeping
- Maintenance of all electrical and related equipment
- Able to do maintenance and fault finding
- Implementation of modifications
- Ability to read wiring diagram
- Perform standby duties
- Effectively interface and support the production departments
- Ensure maximum contribution towards achievement of the business
- Contribute towards creating motivated teams within and outside the discipline
- Must be prepared to accept challenges, responsibility and accountability
- Able to work independently
- Must have a valid code 08 license
- Must be able to do first line standby
- Must be a team player
Details on how to apply: Please apply via the Sasol careers website.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.