Sappi Southern Africa
PROCESS CONTROLLER – RECOVERY (Grade 10/HRL13)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Controller to safely and efficiently operate the equipment of the section, co-ordinate the activities on a shift basis of the plant and ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime
This role reports into the the Shift Superintendent – Recovery
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Take and hand over shift, utilize the electronic reporting systems
- Evaluates data input of previous shift and react accordingly
- Check quality sheets and exception reports
- Understand the forecast of the shift
- Evaluate external plant influences and communicate to shift superintendent
- Ensure continuity of communication
- Communicate plant status with shift superintendent and outside operator
- Ensure response to, execution of and communication to all levels where necessary (briefs, emails, memos, etc.).
- Optimise plant status within current constraints (raw materials, and services)
- Preform rate changes as requested
- Ensure corrective action on all non- conformances
- Execute production activities i.e. shut, start-ups and stops, exception reports, log sheets, graphs, trends etc.
- Perform grade changes as requested
- Perform pump change over as per schedule
- Complete PJO’s
- Compile and update best practices as required
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Optimize raw material consumption
- Ensure that all equipment defects are attended to immediately
- Create a safe work environment by identifying and managing risks
- Reports accidents, injuries and fires immediately to the Shift Superintendent
- Accountable to ensure adherence to all safety best practices, procedures and BBS practices.
- Ensure adherence to specific Legal regulatory requirements
- Act in shift superintendents position when required, with the required licenses
- Coach and train new employees in area of responsibility
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant Post Matric Certificate or Project Phambili Certification (Recovery)
- 2 years’ relevant production environment experience or Pambili Production Internship in relevant section
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.