Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Sky Solutions, a business unit within the Sanlam Personal Finance cluster, offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions tailored for the South African entry-level market. These solutions cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. This business consists of 63 sales branches and 106 client care offices, conducting business through over 400 brokers and 3 700 tied agents, all dedicated to meeting the financial needs of its clients and their families.
What will you do?
Under general supervision, performs a limited variety of clerical duties for functional groups involving compiling and arranging data, making standard computations, processing and coding documents and maintaining records and files. Routines are generally prescribed and supervision is readily available.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Acquire knowledge of company products, services and operational processes and systems
- Attend classroom-based lessons
- Complete practical onsite training
- Assemble a Portfolio of Evidence to submit to Inseta
- Fill out logbooks for workplace-based learning
- Pass and complete the required level in formative and summative assessments
- Carry out tasks and duties as contracted with your manager
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Processing transactions and conduct simple calculations
- Data collection and analysis
- Record keeping, filing and maintenance of databases
- Maintain work standards and quality verification
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently
- Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently
- Action orientated – Contributing dependently
- Optimise work processes – Contributing dependently
Build a successful career with us:
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.