SA Weather Service
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) hereby invites applications for their one-year Internship Programme. We are looking for a high-achieving graduate to join our Internship programme in the following field:
Meteorology or atmospheric and oceanic sciences or related field (BSc Honours or M Sc)
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Student MUST have BSc Honours in meteorology or atmospheric and oceanic sciences or related field.
- Student MUST be able to analyse large datasets in Python or Matlab programming languages.
- A strong understanding of atmospheric circulation and meteorological conditions influencing atmospheric transport over Southern Africa is required.
- Ability to integrate and compare various high resolution satellite observations and modellingdata.
- An applicant must be a new graduate or have been unemployed for a period of one-year after completion of a tertiary qualification.
How to Apply
A comprehensive CV with copies of qualifications should be emailed (with the name of the position and relevant reference number in the subject line) to: [email protected]
- Interns will be placed within the SAWS: Global Atmosphere Watch Office in Stellenbosch.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for arranging their own accommodation and transport.
- SAWS will pay a monthly stipend which will be R6000 per month.
- Recruitment will be done in line with the SAWS Employment Equity Plan.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into an Internship Agreement with SAWS.
- SAWS is under no obligation to employ the intern on completion of the programme.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For further information regarding the Internship Programme contact: Gugu Maphisa (012-367 6094) or [email protected]