- eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
- Reporting to the Newsroom Operations Manager.
- The Researcher is responsible for developing and implementing effective research for the channel.
- Implement eNCA’s research strategy
- Have a strong sense of South Africa’s current affairs and international landscape
- Research political and social trends to contribute to eNCA
- Provide research to anchors on various show and topics
- Give input and assistance to reporters and anchors to develop story ideas
- Give guidance to various guest bookers on the development of new contacts for the channel
- Constantly updating eNCA’s contacts databade
- Fact check big investigative stories
- Work with the Head of Output in planning research for big news stories
- Be constantly aware of government policy
- Key Performance Indicators:
- 1.Build eNCA’s research reserves aligned to the operational and dairy requirements as well as content strategy.
- 2.Constantly updating and expanding the organisations contact databases on a daily basis.
- 3.Appraise the newsroom of developing stories at daily meetings.
- 4.Supply anchors of important facts when needed on time.
Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
Specific Professional Competencies:
1.Sound editorial judgment
2.Excellent command of the English language, writing skills and visual sense
3.Thorough understanding of South African politics
4.Thorough understanding of working in a television newsroom
5.Meticulous attention to detail
6.Ability to work under pressure
Only registered members can apply for jobs.