Pulp Discharger X2 ( P14 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires Pulp Dischargers to open the digesters at the end of gas release, discharge all pulp and help prepare the digester for wood loading.
This role reports into the : Chargehand Operator
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Discharge pulp from Digesters 1-14 into the wash pits according to operating instructions
- Discharge pulp from Digesters 15 -25 into the blow tank according to operating instructions
- Ensure the digester is completely empty of pulp
- Assist the wood loader prepare the digester by operating the pneumatic Svensson
- Report any faulty equipment to the Chargehand
- Communicate with the cook controller according to the plant operating instructions during discharge
- Visually inspect the plant for any unsafe, dirty or untidy conditions and report accordingly
- Hand over at the end of shift and communicate occurrences that took place during shift
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and maintain high levels of housekeeping
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- N2 in Pulp & Paper will be considered as advantageous
- At least 3-4 years’s relevant experience within a similar environment.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.