The incumbent will be required to:
- Administer the procurement of products and services in accordance to the University’s policies and procedures;
- Develop the supplier database of the University by negotiating long term mutually beneficial contracts;
- Advise requesters and potential requesters regarding procurement policies, requisition procedures and the financial management system;
- Provide customer support and client feedback to internal clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Supply Chain/Commerce or Legal;
- Three years working experience as a Procurement Officer within a large company (IT firm preferred) with proven experience in and knowledge of:
- Procurement practices and systems;
- Supplier evaluation;
- Negotiations and conclusion of contracts;
- Testing and sourcing of new supplier/technologies.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Procurement Policy;
- Procurement Procedures;
- Commercial tender practices;
- Knowledge of technology products and services;
- Financial Systems;
- Microsoft Office;
- Language Skills, both orally and in writing;
- Team Player;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Conflict management skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to assist staff with the most effective and viable solutions;
- Ability to be patient and tolerant when dealing with clients;
- Strong ethics and integrity;
- Good listener;
- High level of integrity;
- Negotiation skills;
- Interpersonal skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain;
- One year PeopleSoft system experience;
- One year experience working in a higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms H van der Westhuizen, Tel: (012) 420 4028 for application-related enquiries, and Mr V Kruger, Tel: (012) 420 4970 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 18 November 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.