The Principal Investment Officer is responsible for formulating and executing the strategic objectives of the business in collaboration with the Transacting Head whilst being accountable to move investment opportunities / projects (provided by the Coverage Team) from early review to bankability.
Conduct Transaction Assessment and meets DBSA’s Mandate
- Evaluate the feasibility of investment opportunities / project transactions with a view to ensuring that they are commercially sound prospects for financing and is aligned to the DBSA’s strategy and mandate.
- Make transactions bankable by identifying and mitigating key risk issues by working closely with the Chief Investment Office and Financing Operations Team (Sector Specialists, Country Risk Specialists, Financial Analysts, etc.)
- Provide value to transactions for the benefit of and/or the client through knowledge of the subject, innovation and lateral thinking.
- Prepare early review proposals and documentation in the agreed format.
Execute Transactions & Drive the Credit Approval Process to ensure best class output
- In liaison with the Head: Transactions, structure and negotiate the detailed terms of the deal / transaction with Treasury, Legal, and Loan Administration Teams to drive the approval of transactions.
- Close deal / transactions by obtaining the relevant internal approvals for the transactions and leading or actively participating in the successful conclusion of negotiations.
- Actively manage the transaction unit to drive the credit approval process in its entirety from early review to the relevant approval committees.
- Ensure proposals submitted to these committees are well structured and documented for effective decision making.
- Implement transactions by facilitating the preparation or managing the preparation of complex multiple jurisdiction documents and compliance with all required procedures, laws and regulations.
- In liaison with the Head: Transactions resolve any potential constraints in the lending value chain.
- Manage all risk aspects of the continent wide financing delivery function, in terms of ensuring appropriate structuring of investment risks and on-going mitigations of operations-related risks.
- Ensure sound financial capital management through assuming responsibility for stewardship over the capital under management, as well as efficient utilisation of financial resources.
- Ensure the capturing of learning opportunities post transaction conclusion for continuous improvement and ensuring successful delivery of deals.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.