Teach the World in Maths!
Paid work opportunity with our non-profit, global education programme.
Location: Cape Town
You are making the best Maths Education available to hundreds of thousands of learners around the world! Does that sound like you? If so, we would like to invite you to become part of the team at our non-profit education charity – FuseSchool.
Project: “The Maths Journey”
Starting in January & for six months, you will form part of a creative & passionate team of Science & Maths teachers, motion graphic designers & education activists from all over the world. You will contribute 2-3 minute lessons that explain essential parts of the Intermediate stage Maths Curriculum.
Our motion graphic design team creates animations for the audio explanations which come together to produce exciting learning videos that will be published totally free of charge on our YouTube Channel & free education websites internationally. Also, the resources will form the Maths Journey on our open learning platform – an online learning journey with interactive tests that shows students their progress.
The best thing: all of this will reach those who need it most – children in poorer areas of South Africa & the UK, & learners in developing countries – all completely free. The teachers are accredited in every video, & if you have social media profiles, we are happy to feature them within the videos as well.
You will work towards the completion of an agreed number of lessons towards a deadline, which can be met within flexible working hours. Applicants can be teachers, tutors & subject matter experts passionate about Primary School Maths Education.
- Degree in Maths or Maths/Science Education
- Ability to teach primary level Maths
- You are passionate about global education & can identify with our goals
- You have a concise & engaging teaching style
- You are good at working towards deadlines
- You are a native speaker of the English language (or have native speaker’s fluency)
- You are a team player
- You are familiar with creating educational content for an online audience
- You are familiar with learning videos on YouTube
- You have a good imagination and an interest in animation
Starting date: January 13th, 2020
Duration of contract: 4-6 months
Working time: part or full time, depending on your availability
Location: City Centre, Cape Town
Let’s work together to provide free education to everyone anywhere in the world!
Send us an email with your CV and a cover letter (Contact: Maria). If you have any questions, let us know in the email. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: R15,000.00 to R20,000.00 /month
- teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cape Town, Western Cape (Preferred)