- Liaising with academic departments with regards to the placement of foreign postgraduate students;
- Facilitating the application and registration processes of foreign postgraduate elective students;
- Responsible for the evaluation of foreign qualifications;
- Liaising with Academic Administration on the Tygerberg-, as well as the main campus, with regards to registration of foreign students;
- Liaising with the different professional boards in South Africa in so far as registration of students (e.g. HPCSA, SANC);
- Liaising with Human Resources, Tygerberg Hospital;
- Liaising with the Department of Home Affairs with regards to visa applications of foreign students;
- Liaising with the National Department of Health;
- Maintaining an accurate and effective filing system of student data;
- Rendering logistical and administrative support to foreign students, including relating to accommodation (if accommodation is not available on campus).
- Relevant post matric qualification (National Diploma or B-degree);
- Three to five years administrative knowledge, skills and experience at a tertiary institution or similar environment;
- Good reading, written and verbal communication skills in English and Afrikaans;
- Good computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet);
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Ability to work within a team and independently;
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and care;
- Ability to set self-imposed goals in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to be creative and flexible in unforeseen situations.
- Masters degree;
- Work experience in an international office or similar environment;
- Good leadership skills and abilities;
- Valid drivers’ licence.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.