Cape Town, South Africa
December 29, 2019
- Accompany new patients from Reception and Trauma unit for admission in the wards.
- Transferring patients to and from wards/other departments i.e. Theatre, X-rays and doctor’s rooms.
- Assist nurses with mobilizing and turning of heavy patients.
- Moving equipment, beds and furniture between wards/units when needed.
- Take emergency blood samples to Pathology.
- Assist with translating to Xhosa patients.
- Dealing with distributing mail from and to Hospital Manager office, Reception and wards.
- Transferring files, specimen samples and pharmacy boxes to different parts of the hospital.
- In some circumstances the porter will assist with security i.e. dealing with difficult visitors or family.
- Taking items in need of repair/replacement to Maintenance department.
- Assist with answering the phone in the General Ward during busy times.
- Assist patients, staff and doctors, adding to the smooth flow of daily operations
- Grade 12
- Ability to fluently communicate in Afrikaans and English will be advantageous
- Experience as a porter in a hospital environment would be an advantage
- Ability to work shifts, including night shift, public holiday and weekends when required
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness