Petra Diamonds: Fitter (DMS) – Internal and External
Reference Nr: FIN362
Job Grade: C2T
Finsch Diamond Mine is located in the town of Lime Acres which is situated 160 km north west of Kimberley and 109 km south of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
Maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose faults and perform maintenance of machines
- Do quality control of spares and equipment
- Assemble and fit fabricated parts into equipment using precision measuring instruments
- Responsible for the management of consumable stock levels (amongst others, spares and hydro carbons)
- Participate in planning shutdowns, resources, tools and spares relevant to the shutdown activities
- Service equipment for optimal availability and performance
- Repair and replace worn and defective parts and reassemble mechanical components, referring to service manuals
- Responsible for attending to machinery breakdowns
- Perform risk assessments (Activity based and Mini)
- Responsible for cutting, theorizing, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines; erecting machines and equipment on-site; overhauling and repairing of mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- Study drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings to achieve specified tolerances
- Responsible for trade related administration
- Experience on dewatering pumps (centrifugal and multistage), piping, booster and exhaust fans, ventilation doors, underground infrastructure – will be an advantage
- Conduct on-the-job training for allocated apprentices
- Must be able to work shifts, overtime and be able to do standby, callouts
- Required to perform other duties that may reasonably be expected within the Company from time to time
- Ensure compliance to Statutory requirements and Mine Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice
- Grade 10
- N2 Certificate
- Qualified Fitter Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and/or apprenticeship**
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification experience
- Valid Drivers’ License
** Candidates holding a QCTO (Section 26D) Trade Test, where the learning route is not specified on the Certificate, must submit the following: Statement of results issued by an accredited MQA trade test centre as well as evidence of training conducted at a technical training centre (e.g. Portfolio of Evidence, Logbooks). Should these documents not be submitted, the application will not be considered. Candidates holding S28 Trade Test certificates from non-Mining Sector centres will not be considered
Advantageous (Skills, Competencies, Experience & Qualifications)
- Grade 12/N3
- Computer Literacy
OTHER SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Able to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Attention to Detail; Planning; Problem Solving; Reliability; Pro-active
- Pass Vienna Assessment (level 2) – this assessment will be done on Mine
Finsch Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Kgatelopele (proof of residence may be requested).
If you are already employed by the Company, please submit an authorised Internal Application Form, CV, qualifications and ID when applying.
Finsch Mine Contractor employees’ applications must be authorised by the Contract Manager on site and be in the employment of the Contractor company for at least 1 year to be eligible for consideration for this position. Please note that should you not indicate your employment with an on-site contractor in your application, it might be construed as dishonesty and you might be exposed to a disciplinary process.
How To Apply Petra Diamonds: Fitter (DMS) – Internal and External:
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.