An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Packaging Engineer at our Distell Springs site, JHB . Applications are invited for the position of Packaging Engineer reporting to the Packaging Manager.
Key performance areas include, but not limited to:
- Implement, maintain and continually improve policies / procedures to ensure consistency in plant technical performance
- Liaison with OEM’s
- Take lead and delivering annual shutdowns in packaging
- Providing input and support to manufacturing and development departments, whilst ensuring compliance with customer, technical and legislative requirements within the Group.
- In an environment which demands high-energy performance levels – the preferred candidate will demonstrate practical, consistent and innovative ways to facilitate on-going improvements to all aspects of the Packaging maintenance engineering portfolio.
- Assist with the design of bottling and packaging equipment and line layouts
- Co-ordinate new change parts manufacturing between supplier and Secondary production sites
- Assist with the design, testing and implementation of new packaging materials.
- Assist Project Engineers with installation and commissioning of projects (project execution)
- Assist Project Engineers with performance acceptance testing of new and refurbished equipment
- Manage projects of a smaller nature
- Perform maintenance audits on packaging equipment
- Compile reports and make recommendations
- Liaise with suppliers of equipment/clients for complete refurbishments/shutdowns. Co-ordinate when required
The successful candidate must have the following qualification/experience/skills:
- BSc or BTech Engineering with Government Certificate of Competency(GCC)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a FMCG packaging development environment will be advantageous
- Be systematic in solving technical problems
- Demonstrate excellent project, process and people management skills
- Have good leadership skills and experience in handling IR related issues
- Have good business communication skills, both written and spoken
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Have sound planning and organising abilities
- Proven previous Project Management experience
- Strategic thinking skills
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- An action & self-driven, motivated person.
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Attention to detail and analytical abilities are essential
- Goal & Service Orientated
- Strong team player
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference number: 16424