Office / Facility
Degroup Unit 2
Job Type Classification
Fixed Term Contract
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
BPL is looking to employ and Operations Manger on a FTC in their Bloemfontein facility, the successful incumbent will have in-depth knowledge of warehouse operations as well as knowledge of leading and managing teams. The incumbent must be driven and have the capabilities to oversee and entire operation.
Qualifications & Experience
Matric or equivalent
Tertiary Qualification in Logistics
5 Years expirience in Warehouse Management
Receiving / Dispatching / Operation Warehouse Skills/ Strong Administration Skills
Experience in managing teams
Experience within MHE environment
Setting up of SOP’s
* Apply Team leadership skills to improve staff output
* Oversee planning operation to ensure good customer service and timeous deliveries.
* Ensuring that daily updates are given to management and were required action has been taken
* Anticipates problem areas and ensures that a contingency plan is in place.
* Source and introduce, where possible, ‘best practice’ into the facility to ensure a competitive advantage
* Ensure that the warehouse conforms to excellent housekeeping.
* Ensure that all POD’s and returns are checked and forwarded to the relevant persons including returns on a daily basis
* Returns are managed and controlled
* Ensure all required administration of documentation is checked ,followed up on and filed correctly.
* Maintain all necessary records that are related to ISO compliance certification and ensure that records are available
* Co ordinate all claims until closure
* Update overtime, leave and sick leave records reporting into you
* Any adhoc Admin, HR and SHERQ reports and feedback if necessary
* Anticipate possible conflict and takes preventative actions.
* Be prepared to counsel / discipline employees as and when the need arises.
* Communicates standards of housekeeping to staff and takes appropriate action when standards are not adhered to (5S).
* Compile training needs analysis and encourage staff development.
* Conduct job specific training and complete BPL Record of Training for new employees and contractors.
* Ensure that adequate communication is in place, in the event of overtime.
* Conduct training on amended procedures.
* Deals with unexpected / unplanned occurrences with minimum cost or loss of profit.
* Ensure that all office equipment is in good optimal working condition.
* Identifies training needs and employees with potential for advancement on the Basis of work performance.
* Manage absenteeism in accordance with company procedures.
* Manage the schedule of annual leave for all staff reporting into you.
* Measure Picker and Checker Performance, record statistical data and compile Daily reports with graphs.
* Obtain all relevant information for daily completion of the KPI Report for all Clients
* Prepares daily picking activities of shift in advance and arranges for the necessary resources.
* Ensure all exception reports are clear and all PGI dates have been met
* Reviews performance of individuals against set requirements on an annual basis.
* Willingness to work overtime.
* Implement effective cost control methods
* Ensure that all assets in the Facility, whether owned or leased, are accounted for and maintained
* Prepare Capex motivations and obtain necessary quotations.
* Ensure that all stipulated deadlines are met.
D. HUMAN RESOURCES
* Maintain staffing levels within industry norms at operational levels
* Retain key personnel
* Develop staff at operational levels to ensure compliance with ‘best practice’
* Conduct an Annual Training Needs Analysis with all staff members
* Ensure adherence to the union recognition agreement
* Ensure that the Disciplinary and Grievance procedures, OHS Act etc. are adhered to at all times.
* Review Individual staff members performance against set requirements on a bi-annual basis.
* Chair/Attend disciplinary and grievances hearings
* Ensure that the annual medicals are done
* Ensure office and desks are clean at all times. All BPL Documentation to be placed into respective Trays
* Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
* Dress code must be professional at all times.
* Adherence to site policies, procedures and SHEQ Requirements
Only registered members can apply for jobs.