Johannesburg, South Africa
September 1, 2019
Computers & IT
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As an Ops Business Analyst on Uber’s Central Ops team in SSA, you will help drive company-wide decisions related to operations, process, and optimization. The ideal candidate for this role should have experience working in data analytics or software development and is super comfortable with SQL and coding in Python / R. Strong technical capabilities balanced with stakeholder management, time-management and organizational habits, business acumen and the ability to clearly communicate and present information is a must.
What You’ll Do
Vision: Work closely with business leaders to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and push the thinking to continue innovating.
Process Optimization: Create, build and reshape processes that scale across the SSA sub-region (executed both centrally and localized) to allow the business to operate smoothly and grow. Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing processes through automation to keep us as efficient as possible.
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a highly analytical role; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Strong business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Master problem solver; develops new frameworks for complex problems where no standards exist today and engages other experts for feedback and integrates it effectively
- Able to develop highly actionable solutions for complex problems and drive implementation across the organisation
- Strong communication and comfort sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences. Able to articulate a clear vision and areas of strategic focus.
- Passionate about engaging senior stakeholders and leading and working with cross-functional groups to develop (and then operationalize) initiatives to improve rider experience
- Comfortable project managing the rollout of large initiatives across the region which require cross-functional collaboration across operations, product, cities, marketing, legal and tax.
- Creative solutions-driven mindset, with an anything is possible attitude
Exceptional data analysis skills, on-the-job activity includes:
- Advanced manipulation of large data sets
- Advanced SQL
- Intermediate Coding (Python / R)
- Advanced statistical knowledge
Only registered members can apply for jobs.