Johannesburg, South Africa
July 23, 2019
Computers & IT
Africa (Multiple Countries) – ,
Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Analyzes and integrates intelligence data, plans, or systems. Performs one or more of the following or related activities: (1) Analyzes, reviews and integrates intelligence data from a variety of sources. (2) Operates intelligence systems and intelligence analysis systems. (3) Provides analysis of threat and makes recommendations. Analyst will utilize the following media to conduct collection; print, internet (but not JIHADIST websites), radio, television and local populace. Analyst will also conduct interpretation during priority US engagements with Partner Nations. OSINT will be transmitted to SOCFWD-NWA J2 for final processing and exploitation. Analyst will work within US Embassy environment while in Africa. The analyst may travel with SOCFWD-NWA tactical units to supply immediate force protection through knowledge of local language and culture.
- U.S. DOD Secret clearance is required
Analyzes plans, data, intelligence information, or systems. Develops estimates and makes recommendations for deficiencies. Integrates information from a variety of sources into various systems; ensures proper systems interface. Collects data for analysis. Develops products resulting from analysis.
- Must speak English and French at 3 level Interagency Language Roundtable Skill Level Descriptions for Interpretation Performance.
- Must speak Tamacheck at a 3 level as per Interagency Language Roundtable Skill Level Descriptions for Interpretation Performance.
- Analyst must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google earth.
- Analyst must be capable of reading the above languages on the same level.
- Masters degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in the intelligence and/or Special Operations Community; OR
- Bachelors degree in a related field and 6 years of experience in the intelligence and/or Special Operations Community; OR
- 10 years of experience in the intelligence and/or Special Operations Community.
- At least 3 years translating documents, conversations and media into English.
- At least 3 years interpreting during meetings, training, and special operations.
- At least two years working on the continent of Africa in target areas.
- At least 3 years conducting OSINT supporting a tactical to Operational unit.
- Minimum of 3 years writing reports and information papers to support OSINT collection.
- Minimum of three years operational experience supporting SOF and/or OGA Counter Terrorism Operations.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.