RED 99486 & Zuko Mbangeni
To collect on arrear accounts with regards to defaults on monthly instalments to reduce risk and provisions, in line with Nedbank business strategy.
- Recover funds on overdrawn accounts by collecting excess and balances on overdrawn accounts through contacting the client via telephone, emails, or sms.
- Make a repayment arrangement with a client telephonically that is in line with the Collections procedures.
- Contact clients telephonically using predefined collections scripts to recover arrears and rehabilitate the client through contacting the client via telephone.
- Set criteria with regards to the number of accounts that need to be worked on a daily basis.
- Ensure that commitments towards arrears are made and keep to arrangements and normal instalments.
- Rehabilitate delinquent accounts and reduce bad debt (risk).
- Analyse the client’s account to educate the client on how to manage the account in a way to avoid account incurring an overdrawn balance.
- Attend to customer concerns or arrangements (inbound calls) direct the clients’ queries to the relevant department for resolution.
- Instruct the branches to remove blocks and holds on savings accounts.
- Instruct the branches to effect reversal of honouring fees and unpaid charges as well as erroneous charges and fees on client’s accounts.
- Compliance or adherence to relevant policies, regulations and legislation.
- Adhere to turn around times in terms of reporting to both Management and to Clients.
- Adhere to the collection and escalation prosedures by following agreed standards and rules (e-mail, dress-code, telephone, leave, absenteeism polies).
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by demonstrating the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Ensure that own contribution and participation contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Create and manage own career through guidance and support of management, department and colleagues.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity and team success through constructive participation in a diverse team and sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. training/awareness on digital forensic examination to external parties on pro bono basis).
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes by identifying and recommending improvements to tools, policies and procedures to add value to Nedbank.
- Add value to Nedbank by identifying opportunities to improve or enhance processes through identifying and recommending improvements and supporting implementation of tools, policies and procedures.
Certificate: Call Centre , Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Type of Exposure
- Working with a group and individually to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Completing various administrative duties
- Responding to client queries both telephonically and face to face
- Capturing data
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Communicating internally
- Drafting reports
Minimum Experience Level
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Compliance Knowledge
- Relevant Nedbank Human Resources policies and practices
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving for results
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
Only registered members can apply for jobs.