The purpose of this role is to ensure implementation of procurement provisions of the PFMA, The
Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and other relevant legislation for effective supply
chain management at NCR. The successful candidate must hold a degree/diploma in Supply Chain
Management with 5 years’ related experience and 3 years at management level. The position
requires a high level of integrity and ethics. CIPS membership would be an advantage.
- Develop and implement procurement policies and processes in line with National Treasury
Supply Chain framework (that includes PFMA, Treasury Regulations, PPPFA, PPPFR,
National Treasury Instruction and Practice Notes)
- Updating of policies and internal controls in line with changing legislation.
- Manage the development of the Procurement Plan.
- Develop a procurement strategy in line with the National Treasury cost containment
- Develop, manage bidding and sourcing strategy framework.
- Manage supplier performance in relation to contractual obligations.
- Establishment of bidding committees.
- Develop BEE strategy in line with the BEE Codes for the Financial Sector.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Advise stakeholders (internal and external) on SCM processes.
- Develop supply chain budget according to strategic objectives.
- Manage committed funds, quantify and evaluate cost saving opportunities.
- Manage ordering of goods and record keeping of stock.
- Ensure assets register is updated.
• Detailed working knowledge of the PPPFA, SCM regulations from National Treasury,
- Stakeholder Management.
- Contracts Management.
- Bidding Process.
- Evaluation and Adjudication Process.
- High ethical and integrity
- High Level of numerical accuracy skills.
- Excellent communication (report writing and presentation skills required).