Johannesburg, South Africa
September 10, 2019
HR & Recruitment
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office in Pinetown.
To support the Provincial Human Resources Manager in performing the Provincial Human Resources functions.
- Ensure standardisation of implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective delivery of centralised HR processes.
- Ensure that all HR Administration Operational Risks are mitigated and key controls implemented.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record and filing system for HR documentation.
- Ensure HR Helpdesk and HR Public Folder resolution in respect of all queries. Resolve discrepancies, unusual features or queries identified and referred to National Office Helpdesk and Public Folders. Ensure that all issues assigned are resolved timeously.
- Ensure accurate administration of pension, group life and medical aid in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Facilitate that accurate advice and support regarding HR processes and related HR enquiries is given to employees.
- Maintain accurate payroll processes. Ensure payroll processing faults are minimised and monitor that month-end payroll processes comply with monthly payroll cut-off dates.
- Maintain accurate capturing of employee data on SAP and resolve all remuneration and pay queries/inquiries.
- Maintain accurate administration of leave processes in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Maintain accurate administration of attendance management processes in accordance with Legal Aid SA’s HR Policy.
- Maintain accurate administration of employees’ personnel files.
- Provide logistical support, if required.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate plus an appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Two (2) years admin experience.
BASIC SALARY: R208,584.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 6)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on quoting the reference number KZN/HRO/06/09/2019 in the subject line to [email protected] or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Baboo Brijlal, Tel: 031 717 8450
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Only registered members can apply for jobs.