East London, South Africa
August 1, 2019
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Millwright
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Infrastructure
Location : East London
Reporting To : Technical Manager
Grade Level : I3
Reference Number : 10157401
- Fault finding, maintenance and repair to vehicles, equipment, marine craft, cranes, pumps and plant
- Fault finding, maintenance and repairs to standby plants, Tankerberth firefighting equipment, Break water crane,
sewerage pump stations, Drydock equipment, air-conditioning systems and workshop machinery.
- Overhaul engines, gearboxes, drive units, fuel pumps and injectors on vessels.
- Calibration of gauges and safety valves
- Basic welding (non-stressed areas) and cutting of components
- Manufacture of tools
- Calibration of pistons, liners, injectors and crankshafts.
- Major rigging
- Testing of wear-downs on shafts
- Stripping and seating of main injection, valves on all Marine Craft
- Oversee all contract work
- Emergency breakdowns to mechanical plant and machinery
- Test and repair of cranes and lifting equipment
- Auto electrical repairs
- Undertake rigging to remove/replace components out of tugs (main engine, propeller, dredger pumps, drive units,
gearboxes, etc) in order to effect repairs/replacement.Qualifications & Experience:
Code 10 Drivers license.
Certification of competency (forklift/cranes)
3 to 5 years’ working experience in mechanical field.
Welding/cutting course –2 weeks
Rigging course –2 weeks
Knowledge of NOSA, ISO, Code of Practice, SHE Act,Knowledge of SHE Act.
Knowledge of operations
Knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings and schematics.
Knowledge of hydraulics, Valves and pumps
Knowledge of diesel machinery
Knowledge of handling electrical hand tools/materials
Communication/verbal and written
Problem solving skills
Only registered members can apply for jobs.