Get bursary support from one of the most popular vehicle brands by submitting an application and qualify for the Mercedes-Benz SA Bursary Programme for the 2020 academic year intake.
Mercedes-Benz, a division of Daimler AG, is an international German automotive marque and the maker of popular luxury vehicles, coaches, buses and trucks. The company’s head office is in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg. In South Africa, there is the East London plant, which is one of the global manufacturers of the C-Class series.
The Eastern Cape facility manufactures the C-Class Saloon which is marketed for export to both right-hand and left-hand drive consumers. The Mercedes Benz facility in Centurion, Gauteng serves as the country headquarters and houses the support and marketing division. In addition, this where the Mercedes-Benz, Freight, Smart, FUSO and Western Star units are marketed and financed.
Mercedes-Benz SA Bursary Programme
The main objective of the Mercedes-Benz SA Bursary Programme is to determine exceptional Grade 12 and tertiary level students who would like to join the company’s talent pool. As beneficiaries will be able to enjoy the following:
- Pursue tertiary education in a university of their choice
- Tuition expenses, meals and book fees are covered
- Vacation work at Mercedes-Benz, Centurion
- Participate in Mercedes-Benz SA Graduate Development Programme after completing undergraduate studies
The bursary programme provides coverage to qualified students in the following areas of study:
- Information Technology or Computer Engineering
- Finance or Accounting
- Logistics, Supply Chain or Procurement
- Human Resources
- Legal, Compliance
- Corporate Affairs
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the programme’s minimum requirements to be considered eligible to apply:
- A Grade 12 learner and permanent resident of South Africa
- Intending to study or currently pursuing the undergraduate studies (preferably 1st and 2nd-year students) mentioned earlier
What is the selection process?
The bursary is awarded based on the following selection criteria:
- Grade 12 students must have obtained at least a grade average of 70% with Math and/or Physical Science (within engineering stream
- Undergraduate students must have obtained a grade average of 65% during the first semester
- The year-end grade results will be a factor during the selection process
- A psychometric test may be given to shortlisted applicants
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants can apply by registering their profile on the company’s website. Click here to get started. Make sure to attach relevant supporting documents to your application.
- Up to date CV in pdf format
- For undergraduate students – recent full transcript of records from the tertiary institution
- For Grade 12 students – certified true copy of Grade 12 results
- A certified true copy of identification documents
Keep in mind that late or incomplete submissions, as well as applications sent via email, will not be accepted.
For further questions about the internship, call Mercedes-Benz SA at 0800 133 355.