Portland Group is in need of a full time Mechanical Engineer who will work as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for our group of companies outside Durbanville. The position will entail the management, planning, execution and control of all maintenance activities in conjunction with relevant maintenance staff. The objective is to ensure maximum equipment availability across all plants, with as little breakdowns as possible.
Portland is a dynamic and vibrant company supplying aggregates, concrete and precast concrete elements to the construction industry. Offices and plants are situated at the Portland Quarry premises, on Vissershok Road, outside Durbanville.
Candidates will be expected to do the following:
- Manage all maintenance staff and their tasks and plans
- Ensure preventative measures are in place to reach daily customer demands
- Report and action incidents and non-conformities according to procedure and assist with investigation
- Train operators and maintenance personnel in the correct execution of machine checks
- Ensure all check sheets are in place and checks conducted daily
Safety & Housekeeping
- Ensure that all equipment is used and stored in its place
- Manage storeman and equipment in storerooms
- Continually ensure clean working areas
- Inspect cleanliness of machines & work areas at the start of shift
- Plan & implement preventative maintenance schedules
- Optimise plant availability through scheduled preventative maintenance
- Perform periodic full inspections on machinery to determine condition
- Identify areas/components on machinery that could be improved
- Source cost-effective materials for breakdowns and planned maintenance
- Source suitable subcontractor services if required
- Lead daily and weekly meetings according to standard meeting agenda
- Ensure all team members understand tasks stipulating in meetings
- Compile reports regarding maintenance planning, breakdowns and the status / condition of all machines
- Ensure all team members take ownership of their areas of responsibility
- Ensure attendance and discipline and take action as necessary, as per procedures
The successful candidate will be offered a market related salary with provident fund – based on qualifications and previous experience. Annual leave will fall over the builders’ holiday. Normal working hours are from 07:00 – 17:30. Overtime will be expected when needed for breakdowns etc.
If you believe you fit this profile, please send your CV, qualifications and contactable references to [email protected]. Please indicate expected salary required. Only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered. Should you not hear back from our offices within 5 working days please do accept that your application was unsuccessful.