Marketing Intern – MAC
The Estée Lauder Companies is the global leader in prestige beauty: a well-diversified, brand-building powerhouse of unrivalled creativity and innovation. We are a family company, with family values that recognize our people as our most important asset. Every day we live our mission of “Bringing the Best to Everyone We Touch and Being the Best in Everything We Do.” The Estée Lauder Companies is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. Headquartered in New York City and publicly traded under the ticker symbol EL, the Company’s products are sold in over 150 countries and territories. In fiscal 2015, net sales were close to $11 billion. The company employs more than 40,000 people worldwide.
We are brand builders and entrepreneurial thinkers. Our diverse and distinguished portfolio of more than 25 brands includes some of the most recognized prestige beauty brands in the world.
The Estée Lauder Companies’ Marketing Internship program runs for 3 months. Interns will be based at our company offices in Kyalami Head Office. The internship will consist of meaningful brand marketing work experience and participation in various projects, tasks and assignments.
KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Good communication skills
- Strong admin and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and desire for accuracy.
- Self-motivation; High energy level; the ability to work independently.
- The ability to handle a multitude of projects and issues at one time.
- Ability to work with people at all levels (both internal and external) – thereby fostering excellent customer relationships.
- Willingness to learn.
- A passion for the beauty industry.
- Provides support to the Brand teams in their day to day operations.
- Provides admin support to all Brand teams, this includes presentations, reports, calendars, etc.
- Assists and participates in special projects as required.
- Attend and participate in Brand meetings.
- Assist with counter events as required.
- Participate in brainstorming and digital programs as required.
- Co-ordination of meetings as required.
- Load purchase orders as required.
- Assists with couriers.
- Attend to collections from the DC.
- Compile general gifting hampers.
- Order follow up.
- Evaluate submission for eligibility status.
- Dispatch card to stores.
- Customer queries and product support.
- Provide school support based on approved criteria and budget allowance (kit orders).
- Follow through on kit orders for schools once order has been placed.
- Liaise with key school administrators providing information on the MPSP and MPMP.
- Support retail events and activation activities (packing elements)
- Track and measure and impact of retail events and activities at a channel/retailer level to ensure efficiency and success.
- Collects feedback from ASM’s on the quality of the Trade Marketing activities and Visual execution.
- Seeding (packing PRO’s and influencer gifts)
- Manager stock counts (marking samples/S1 orders)
- Load S1 orders on SAP
- Create/receipt shopping carts.
QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12
- Marketing Degree
- Computer Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-ZA-GT-Johannesburg
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1919390
All applications will be considered in accordance to the terms of the Estee Lauder Companies – South Africa Employment Equity Plan. Preference will be given but not limited to candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds provided they meet the inherent requirements of the job.