This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Manager:Business Development x2
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Business Dev
Location : Kilner Park
Reporting To : Snr Business Development Manager
Grade Level : E
Reference Number : 30011442
Position Purpose :
- Define and Implement TE’s strategy into African markets
- Generate leads through market and client” research .
- Track and follow up on business intelligence leading up to bid tendering opportunities.
- Strategize scoping of the market and analysing competitors; establishing and maintaining a network of client contacts
- Monitor competitor activity and market dynamics within specific markets and devise market entry strategies.
- Help strategize winning approaches to tender bid to win opportunities in key countries in Africa:
- Develop a portfolio of clients into Key Accounts
Position outputs :1.Strategically Increase awareness and the presence of TE in Africa
2.Identify and establishing new client base in Africa
3.Strategize the setting up of TE hubs in Africa