Umzinyathi District Municipality an equal opportunity employer, with its head office based in Dundee, hereby invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following positions:
Salary: Post level A3 (R104 238.84 – R121 247.54) per annum
(Fringe Benefits: Include inter alia, 13th cheque, pension fund, medical aid scheme, housing allowances.)
REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must have a Grade 10. At least 1 – 2 years related experience or general worker experience, knowledge of the use of hand and portable tools, valve pipes and pumps and housekeeping, safety rules and regulations and must be fluency in IsiZulu and English.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Assist with minor maintenance, services and repair work on asset infrastructure according to procedures.
- Assist with the loading and off loading of material and equipment
- Assist with the maintenance and installation of equipment, portable equipment and tools to ensure all are in a good clean order.
- Assist with the execution of the daily maintenance tasks as per schedule issued to him
- Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping in all work areas
- Reports any breakdown and / or defects immediately to his supervisor
- Use tools, pumps and equipment for applicable tasks guided by line manager/ supervisor.
- Assist will all pipe line repairs
- Perform terrain and other maintenance work, manually dig and backfill trenched, weeding, cutting grass, tree felling etc.
- Be prepare to work overtime.
Written applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and identity document must be forwarded to:
THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
MR SB NDABANDABA
UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
P O BOX 1965
If not contacted within 60 days from the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
MR SB NDABANDABA